Instant Translator

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Go Google Yourself

Okay, so who out there besides me has done it? I am embarrassed to admit it, but I have actually Googled myself. Because I have such an uncommon name, there is not any confusion about who I am, so I can't take credit for anything remarkable someone else has accomplished. Trust me, according to Google, I am certainly not particularly noteworthy. What I did notice, though, is each comment I have made on anyones blog appears as a separate Google entry. Wild! I didn't think what I had to say was that important!

So, what do I hope to learn about myself via Google? Do I think there is some part of my life I mysteriously missed out on that will be revealed? Is there something else going on that I can only find out about via Google (ah ha... so that's what I've been doing!)? Is there something in my past that can only be unearthed via the marvels of cyberspace? Does Google have the answers for me? And the ultimate question "Am I really that narcissistic?"

I read recently that "google" has been used so much that the word has become not only a part of our language, but that it is now more commonly used as a verb. So, while I am off googling myself, I get nowhere on my job hunt! I'm sure there is something profound in that.

3 comments:

kami said...

Yes, I google myself every now and then. I need to know what people in the profession are seeing when they see my name... and now that you enlightened me that comments show up on google... yikes... gotta go google.

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't worry Kami. If you don't leave your full name, I don't think it can find you, so I think your safe!:)

Penny said...

Hey, I'm not anonymous I just forgot to type in my name!