Instant Translator

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Interview

So, I am hot on the trail of a job. It's a good job - I don't have to know anything about fondue or soccer schedules or laundry soap or when it is necessary to change the vacuum cleaner bag to avoid potential personal injury due to the bag exploding because the dirt from oh, I don't know @2008 has mutated in there and wants out... I interviewed for the position about 6 weeks ago, and it went very well. The secret to my success? Exhaustion. I was unable to sleep the night before the interview, so I was very tired and therefore, totally relaxed during the meeting. I was so relaxed that I said some things, such as "Well, I'm pretty smart, ya know - I could figure that out" and "Well, it's important you pick the correct person to fill this position, because you'll be stuck with them for awhile." I cringe even now. I also shudder at the recollection of how I dressed for the interview. As some of you may remember, my wardrobe is pretty much non-existent unless it involves being on a boat or a beach. I wore my one and only nice white shirt (I even busted out the iron) which still fit okay and seems to have held up to its long solstice in the closet with minimal yellowing, and a pair of brown pants I purchased recently to wear to a funeral. The shoes were another matter. I tried my boat shoes but that looked pretty bad. Then, I tried a sort of new pair of tinnies which were still white and mostly clean. They gave me the appearance of an AWOL nurse. Digging way back into the recesses of a closet, I found a pair of brown sandals, that once I cleaned the dust bunnies from seemed to look okay. Stylish? Definitely not, but functional? Absolutely. So, considering how cocky and badly dressed I was for the interview, I figure I should be hearing about the job any day now!

No comments: