Instant Translator

Monday, October 5, 2009

Clowns and Candy

In searching for a job, I have seen a couple of positions advertised that I need to share with you. These are actual jobs listed on Craig List for Hilton Head Island, which is a few towns over from where I live.

One that really jumped out at me was this one: "Wanted: Woman or Girl to Play Angel". That's it. No job details at all. I mean, do they provide the wings? How about halo polish? Are there benefits? What are these people expecting from the applicants?

Another position some mysterious entity is trying to fill requires three separate skill sets. They are "Seeking clowns, magicians and balloon animal artists".

My personal favorite is the guy who is advertising "Seeking Arm Candy (Downtown)". This prospective employer is looking for an attractive woman to be his date at a corporate sponsored event. This dude is saying that he's new to the area, that's why he needs a date. He is willing to pay the woman. Hmmm...

So, while I may be a little discouraged at the results I have had so far in resuming my career, at least I am WAY better off than this guy...

"Am looking to be an Actor, or whatever. About me...30 years old, 5'7", 170-185 pounds (not muscle, just normal lil belly), Deaf - can't hear/talk. Would love to be an actor or whatever it takes. Email me please."

I'm not going to say it I'm not going to say it I'm not going to say it because it would be too mean and cruel and even though I am unemployed and getting cranky about it, I am not mean and cruel.

PS: Thanks to BettyAnn for turning me on to Craig List!

1 comment:

kami said...

Crazy Stuff Penny! You're better off than most people, you know.
:)
www.hotpinkbike.wordpress.com