Instant Translator

Friday, October 23, 2009

Recycling


So, I saw a picture I want to share because it inspired me so much. What I figure happened, it started out as a long crochet chain for not much purpose, or possibly maybe a scarf. Then, it was decided that it would make a fashionable hat. When that got screwed up (creator's words - the title of the picture is actually "Screwed Up Hat"), it was decided that it would make an even more fashionable handbag. So, what has really impressed me about this ugly little bag is that it is the end result of a crochet project run amuck. I can't help but wonder if this type of recycling - repurposing; re-inventing as needed - can teach me something about myself and my career goals. I mean, if a long, boring piece of string can be turned into a handbag (the proverbial sow's ear from silk, or maybe I got that backwards, but you know what I mean) what can I do to improve, recycle, re-purpose myself? I really think I am on to something here. Essentially that is what my mid-life crisis has been to date: the ultimate recycling exercise. And, while I certainly do not want to be recalled as the "ugly little bag", I think that a lot more self examination might be called for. Preferably this soul searching can be conducted in a lushious, spa like retreat or similar environment where I can be totally unfettered by the daily demands of looking for work or other mundane tasks...I'll keep you posted!

No comments: