Instant Translator

Monday, November 9, 2009

Train Drags Half-naked Mooner Along Tracks

Now, that's a headline that grabs your attention! A 20-something drunk man decided to moon a passing railroad car and his pants (which were around his ankles) got caught on the train somehow, and he was pulled for a while by the train until the conductor realized and stopped the train. The young man was not injured, most likely protected by that alcohol induced 'no bones' syndrome that happens when you drink a lot.

Now, I've done a lot of odd things, but I have always been fortunate in that they usually worked out better than this guy's adventure. A few activities I have engaged in that I probably should not have - jumping off the roof of my childhood home; riding a bicycle over a home-made ramp and off a dock into the lake; riding a pregnant horse in an equestrian competition; taking street signs and then displaying them in my driveway; the list goes on. The thing about all the silly activities I, or probably anybody, has done is that there was absolutely no fear. No fear that your mangled and twisted body would be found caught in the Cherry tree next to the house...no worry that the rope that was attached to the plastic bleach jug that acted as a buoy so you could retrieve the sunken bicycle would get wrapped around your foot and drag you to the bottom of the lake...no thought that, by heavens, this poor horse was going to have a BABY HORSE and you were the yahoo riding her around the ring and urging her to go faster and holy cow you didn't think a pregnant horse could BUCK!...and certainly no concern that the neighbors might miss the "Church Crossing" and "Yield" signs....

I am proud to say I am a bit smarter these days. Oh, I still do really stupid things but they tend to be the types of activities that generally keep me out of physical danger. For example, I recently told my 12 year old child about how I once drove my parent's car up and down the driveway when I was about his age...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is anyone out there?