Instant Translator

Friday, November 13, 2009

More Stuff I am Not Buying

I must hold the world record for getting the most catalogs in the mail. My mail person must absolutely despise me, particularly around this time of year. I easily get five or more product catalogs three or four times a week. You would never know our economy was in the toilet if you used my mail as a guide. And, I get catalogs for the most useless, ridiculous and outlandish stuff. A few examples of things I will not be buying...

The Titanium Spork is "perfect for picnicking, boating and commuting. A spoon on one end, a fork on the other, you're prepared for any meal you could come across." Ahhh...Good. Next time I find a rump roast on the 9:50 express train, I'll be fully prepared to dig in and enjoy...

The ElectroSensor Electromagnetic Field Detector is "the quickest and easiest way to let you know within seconds whether there are dangerous electromagnetic fields in any area. Requires 1 AAA battery (not included)." Anyone have any clues about why this could matter to anyone? The only reason I could think this might be relevant if you happen to be walking around in a suit of armor and were worried you might get stuck somewhere.

The Digital Motion Sensor Camera is "triggered by heat and movement and takes multiple images of backyard wildlife, and provides quality audio accompaniment." Greeeaaat...now I can SEE and HEAR my cats 'playing' with the squirrels and birds and lizards and snakes, before they drag them inside for my personal viewing pleasure! No thanks!

No comments: