Instant Translator

Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Party

So, Christmas is fast approaching and I, once again, am slow to jump on the holiday extravaganza bandwagon...This year, though, I am determined to actually enjoy the season. Every year, two wonderful friends of mine throw an outrageous, totally over-the-top holiday party with fabulous, decadent food and a seemingly endless supply of booze. The guest list is so diverse and distinguished, the people so much fun and so very interesting, I am honored that they even include me. Last year, my husband and I took advantage of having a night time babysitter, and we went toy shopping instead of going to the party... When I called to make our apologies, my friends were a little annoyed (they don't have kids), but they forgave me. The year before, we showed up at their party the day before the big event (I got the date wrong). Of course, we didn't have a sitter for the next night, so we had to skip it that year. The previous year, my husband had an allergic reaction to the Christmas tree, and we debated about going to the party or the ER. The hives won out, and we stayed away from the festivities. So you see, I really owe it to myself to make it to this party...otherwise they may scratch me off the guest list once and for all!

1 comment:

kami said...

Umm. You could drop off M here and not worry about a babysitter. Anytime...

If they invite you back after all of those cancellations...
sounds iffy! :)