Instant Translator

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Terror in the Cities

The outlets people develop for their creative talents is really impressive. Now me, I am not really creative unless the project involves Popsicle sticks, paper-mache and those plastic roly-poly eyes. I recently read about these people who KNIT their graffiti: Armed only with knitting needles and balls of wool, they unleash their creative juices and cover urban objects in colorful, thought-provoking designs. I wonder if they do this under the cover of night like most other vandals? And, can you imagine the conversations they must have while they deface public property when in groups or with a buddy? 'Yeah man, I thought I'd really raz those jerks by using McAll's pattern number 736 sleeves over the hydrant... hey, can I borrow your circular needles, I can't find mine in my fannypac...Oh damn, I've dropped a stitch!' In Knitting Circles all over America, needles would stop...poised in mid-air like shiny toy airplanes, as this newest threat against America's cities was evaluated...the threat of Guerilla Knitters!

1 comment:

kmk said...

Wild, never heard of this!