Instant Translator

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Super Woman

So, when I am in Mother Earth Mode (MEM), I do things like clean the house, do the gardening, cook meals that have more than two ingredients and write nicely worded, caring messages in thoughtful and appropriate greeting cards for friends. Unfortunately, while in MEM, I cannot seem to look for a job, just sit and watch my favorite movies on TV, shop for anything other than wholesome, nutritious farm fresh foods or get around to shaving my legs.

When I am in Non-Mother Earth Mode (NMEM) I drive too fast, shop with reckless abandon, have no patience with the 8 year old boy next door who comes to our house simply because he adores using the recently remodeled bathroom, and I even use shaving cream to shave my legs! There are some women who can do it all...I know one of them, and she is LEGENDARY in this town. To add to my feelings of inadequacy, she works full time as, get this...a nurse. She also does volunteer work, makes her own holiday gifts and can grocery shop for food for more than one day at a time (yes, she is that organized). I have no clue how she does it. She frightens me with her intensity. My only consolation is that beneath those perfectly ironed scrubs, she maybe has legs that need to be shaved!

No comments: