Instant Translator

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Driving and Laughing

So I learned today that it is really not a good idea to talk on a cell phone while driving your vehicle. Oh, not for the reason that might immediately come to mind. This is what happened...I was on my way to do an errand, and a very small, politically-correct hybrid car in front of me stopped at the green light for no reason ( I mention the other driver's vehicle because of my guilt that I drive a large, very environmentally-unfriendly pick up truck). I was talking on the phone at the time, and the conversation went something like this:
ME: "So, can you put those stamped envelopes into the mailbox so the mail person will pick them up?"
HIM:"Sure, sweetie. I don't think she has come yet, so they sh...."
ME: "MORON! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING! THE PEDAL ON THE RIGHT, YOU TURD FACE!"
HIM: "Huh? I said I'd put the mail out...sheesh."

Well, luckily I was talking to my better half, and while he certainly knows ALL of my faults he does know that random acts of violence are not one of them! But, I shudder to think...what if I had been talking to a prospective employer? Good grief. That's it...no more talking and driving unless it's something that can't wait...

No comments: