Instant Translator

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Still Waiting for the Phone to Ring...

So my title for this post pretty much says it all...I am still waiting to hear about the two jobs I am being considered for. It feels like it has been forever! I really want one of these jobs, as do probably about a thousand other people. A telephone call to one of the agencies personnel department yielded nothing more than a crisp "Your application is being reviewed." Reviewed by whom, I asked, only to be told "The individual responsible for filling the position." Well, duh! Silly me. Further inquiries about the identity of that person were fruitless: I was told that information was not available to me. Ah, they had me pegged alright...give me a name and I would shamelessly 'finagle' a telephone call, a casual drop-in, a bump into at the local lunch spot, or all three! Desperate times call for desperate measures...I will have to call my old friend Doris who used to know EVERYTHING (and I mean e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g) that went on - and see if she needs a free lunch...

No comments: