Instant Translator

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Revisions

Can't think, brain numb.
Inspiration won't come.

I am attempting to revise my resume, and I keep running into these roadblocks...
For example, all the experts agree that long periods of unemployment need to be explained on a resume. Okay, fine. But how do I explain that I fell absolutely head over heels crazy in love with my newborn son 12 years ago, and have had absolutely NO interest in working since then? How do I phrase that in a manner that sounds like I was productively engaged in an important, vital task and not just hanging around eating bon bon's for all this time? Right now, my resume reads '1997 - present: Unemployed by choice to raise my child. Job duties too numerous and often too ridiculous to mention; 168 hour work week; no time off; fabulous benefits.' I know, I know - it has to go. But what do I say about all these years that have passed? And how do I explain my sudden interest in resuming my career? Can I be totally honest and say, 'well, I am getting a little antsy, and a job might be just the jolt I'm looking for'? Sure, that's what every employer is looking for - someone who thinks it will be "fun" to work again. I need get this worked out, somehow.

1 comment:

www.hotpinkbike.wordpress.com said...

You could say the recent pink paint job to your clean white truck which was at least inadvertantly due to your parental job drove you to look for employment. Right after you washed out the truck bed...

www.hotpinkbike.wordpress.com