Instant Translator

Friday, June 25, 2010

Stress

I am having trouble focusing on much of anything these days...even my fishing has suffered. I am waiting to hear about a job I applied for. I got some positive feedback last week - my application was forwarded to the person who will actually be doing the hire...I almost fainted when I found out. But now, every time my phone rings I panic.

Just in case it happens, I am trying desperately to get prepared for an interview...I have spent hour after hour reviewing pertinent changes to legislation...reading page after page of technical material...trying to cram some USEFUL knowledge back into my brain...

I am so beside myself that I missed the Steinmart 12 hour sale, gave my son eggs for dinner a few days in a row and washed my white bathing suit in the washing machine with a load of dark clothes. I put expensive gas in my truck by mistake, and bought LOW-FAT ice cream (also by mistake). I have called my husband by the cat's name, the cat by the boy's name...

I have bored total strangers with my story, and gotten words of encouragement and blank stares alike...my friends are beginning to avoid me - that frenzied wild look in my eyes is enough to scare off the best of them...in short - I am a mess! But, maybe by this time next week, I'll be the MESS with a JOB!

No comments: