Instant Translator

Monday, November 26, 2012

Joy to the World

Yes, I have been away...so much to say and catch up on, but I am going to start at the present.  But first, a huge thank you to you all who have continued to check back and request that I write something -  I am giving you this small offering, with the promise of more and better to come.  

So I have survived another Thanksgiving holiday with minimal pain and angst.  Only one of my guests drank entirely TOO much and sort of slept through dinner and then needed to leave before dessert.  In her last moments of semi-lucidity, she regaled us with maudlin stories about her cat whom she had euthanized the previous day.   We hurriedly tried to ship her off at that point in the evening - luckily she is a petite woman, and so we were able to sort of sling her up and around and stuff her into the car.  Other than that, the day was a reasonable success.  Boy overdosed on sugar, and Man, turkey.  As for me, I lustily and uninhibitedly imbibed in all the delights the day had to offer, effectively saying "go to hell"  to my usual healthful diet.   All in all a lovely day!  

No comments: