Instant Translator

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Job Hunting, Still

I am really getting irritated about this JOB thing. I am trying to apply for jobs as a Department of Defense status applicant (which only means that I am a former DoD employee). Well, there was actually an opening in Savannah I wanted to apply for. It was the right job, grade level, etc. I mean, they should have been BANGING down my door to get me...They should have been offering to PICK ME UP AND DRIVE ME TO THE INTERVIEW I am so perfect for this job... So, everything is all electronic now and I have already entered my FANTABULOUS resume on the JOBSUSA site as directed, and I submit my application. I am wriggling in anticipation, joyous that I have found a job after seriously looking for about...oh, three days. Well, I check on the status of my application, as the job closed last Friday, and I don't see that my application is being reviewed or anything! It turns out that not only have I failed to allow anyone to see my resume by clicking the wrong button, but I have also failed to create my resume in a format the Department of the Army can use!

I have missed my chance! This door of opportunity has slammed so hard and fast it has knocked my nose out of joint...

So, I have spent today re-creating the same FANTABULOUS resume for the Department of the Army (in case another job opens up). And, I will re-create my resume yet again for the Department of the Navy (in case there is a job there). Evidently, each branch of the Department of Defense needs their own special resume format. So much for the one stop job hunting that JOBSUSA promises. Hmmm...I could go all political here about this duplication of effort, but I don't really have the time; I have to re-type my resume for the Navy.

2 comments:

Jane Doe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Slow to post?