Instant Translator

Monday, February 8, 2010

Home Improvement

So, home improvement is very much on my mind these days. I have turned my energies in that direction since this cold has all but stopped the fishing in the inshore waterways. I am also still broke from Christmas, plus I am getting really tired and bored of looking for work. My family is now praying really hard that I either find a job (like tomorrow), or that we miraculously miss the three weeks of winter we typically have this month, or that my credit card balances get sufficiently low to renew my interest in shopping. They will also try to tempt me with new hobbies, mention the upcoming New York Fashion Week and that they heard Tyra Banks will be interviewing Gandhi's great-granddaughter and I better just sit and watch so I don't miss it. They are quaking in terror because I am quite driven and merciless when it comes to home improvement projects. I will cause intense anguish to all around me until the project is finished...I am the Home Improvement Nazi Slave Driver. I have driven burly, hard-nosed contractors to tears...and watched them run screaming from my house...begging to never have to come back, throwing whatever money I have paid them back at me. The last time we had a contractor at the house, I was sent away to shop each day, allowed back only after the workers had left. Surprisingly, the project was finished on time. I don't know how they managed without me...

No comments: