Instant Translator

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Joint is a Jumpin'

A truck driver who lost control of a semi-trailer carrying missile parts in Bismarck, North Dakota was distracted by a "large insect" that flew in a window and landed on the driver's back, the military said in a report released Friday. I can easily imagine the physical comedy that ensued as the driver tried to get the thing off him/her, as well as the anguish that was rampant in the driver's mind...wondering just what the heck they were sharing their truck cab with. One day, on my way to a job interview, no less, I was driving and I felt a squishy sort of feeling on my lower leg. I looked down and saw a somewhat largish green tree frog hanging on to my calf. As I screamed, I tried to raise my leg high enough to shake it out of the window. Failing that, I tried stomping my left foot as hard as I could. As the shock waves reverberated (through my body and its'), the frog finally fell off in a sort of stupor. Unfortunately, it didn't stay unconscious very long, woke up and then jumped onto my right knee. Needing that leg to control the vehicle, I left it there (under extreme duress) until I got to the interview, narrowly avoiding driving into the ditch on the side of the road several times. Didn't get the job, and never did find the frog to get it out of the truck!

2 comments:

Kami said...

The frog is now as shriveled and dried. If you find a raisin in your floorboard do not it eat it. It's the frog.

Penny said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the warning!