Instant Translator

Friday, December 16, 2011

When a Door Closes...

So my friends do it.  Others I hardly know do it and encourage me to try it.  I didn't believe any of them or their tales of newly found freedom and the joyful transformation of the mundane to the extraordinary they so gloriously described.  Man and Boy were highly suspicious and really doubted I could or even would attempt to do it.   But, in spite of their somewhat scathing remarks and jokes, I decided to try it one day when I was home by myself, so I wouldn't be interrupted.  I approached the open doorway to Boy's bedroom with trepidation - this would be the supreme test.  Would I have enough nerve to do it here?  If I could, I knew I could, and would do it anywhere.  I reached out my hand, grasped the door knob, took a deep calming breath and pulled the door towards me until it clicked shut.  There.  I had done it.  I looked around guiltily and turned back to the now closed door.  Phew...I had successfully cleaned Boy's room in approximately 1/10th of a second.  My friends were right!  Now on to the rest of the house...

1 comment:

kami said...

The only rooms in my house that are clean are the ones with closed doors... and that's only if you have a very vivid imagination!

Kami